Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS ASRC?
American Synthetic Rubber Company, a wholly-owned operating division of Michelin North America, Inc., produces raw materials for both the tire and aerospace industries.
HOW LONG HAS ASRC BEEN IN BUSINESS?
ASRC began in 1943 as the National Synthetic Rubber Corporation in support of World War II.
WHO ARE ASRC’S CUSTOMERS?
ASRC’s primary customer for synthetic rubber products is our parent company, The Michelin Groupe, based in France. Michelin is a world leader in the design and manufacture of quality tires for all types of vehicles, aircraft and earth-moving equipment.
HOW MANY PEOPLE DOES ASRC EMPLOY?
Approximately 350 people work at ASRC, including representatives of:
- Indiana/Kentucky Regional Council of Carpenters
- International Assoc. of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local 681
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 369
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Union, Local 502
- United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union (USW)
HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN THE COMPANY?
If you are interested in a career with ASRC, please visit http://jobs.michelinman.com/
HOW CAN I CONTACT ASRC?
WHERE IS ASRC LOCATED?
ASRC is located in Louisville, Kentucky.